|Salary:||£7.83 per hour|
Job Title: Housekeeping Host
Department: Retail Operations
Reporting to: Site Supervisor / Duty Manager
Location: Touchwood Shopping Centre
Hours of Work: Dependent upon local rota. On occasion there will be a requirement to be available outside of your normal working hours. Shift pattern 4 days on / 2 days off.
Bilfinger Europa Facility Management is a property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated Building and Facilities Management Services. Our team of over 3,500 people works on behalf of a diverse client base across a range of market sectors and service streams.
At Bilfinger Europa we believe in making a difference. We stand for service excellence, integrity, innovation, people and performance. People-focused values and principles drive quality customer service delivery and real value for our clients whilst originality and innovation continually help us improve our growing business.
We are currently seeking a Housekeeping Host at Touchwood Shopping Centre to:
- Work as a member of the Housekeeping Team in the day-to-day running of the centre.
- Ensuring all areas are kept safe, clean and available for use at all times.
- Actively participate in providing an efficient & effective public safety service to guests in accordance with the company and centre values, policies, procedures and plans thereby ensuring that the centre is a safe & non-threatening environment.
- Ensure the provision of full compliance and comply at all times with health & safety regulations, environmental procedures, fire regulations, COSHH, safe working practices, confidentiality, Data Protection requirements etc.
- Assist in achieving and ensuring continuous improvement of high levels of stakeholder satisfaction across all areas of our service in line with KPIs.
- Ensure that the overall security of the centre is not compromised at any time by highlighting any irregularities or suspicious behaviour in line with site procedures and follow through as necessary.
- Ensure Health & Safety is not compromised at any time by reporting accidents, near misses, unsafe working environment(s) etc. in line with site accident/incident reporting and escalation procedures.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance adhering at all times to the centre Styling/Grooming guide and represent Bilfinger and Touchwood in a professional manner acting as a point of contact for Guests.
Main duties and responsibilities:
This role will include a variety of tasks including the following:
- Delivery and maintain a high standard of housekeeping and cleaning services throughout Touchwood (and the areas identified within Clarendon House).
- Carry out cleaning (day to day, deep cleaning and high level cleaning), litter picking, chewing gum removal tasks in line with the Housekeeping Service Level Agreement and to a standard that represents the high quality brand of Touchwood and in line with task specification sheets.
- Be fully trained on all cleaning equipment / machinery in order to carry out Housekeeping tasks across the Centre as required.
- Carry out scheduled, PPM and ad-hoc Housekeeping tasks ensuring these are all fully recorded on the CAFM system (Concept), via a smart device and are completed within identified timeframes.
- Use the smart device system to log and complete all reactive, scheduled and planned jobs.
- Carry out all operational procedures associated with the delivery of the Housekeeping service in line with contractual requirements.
- Ensure on a day to day basis your Housekeeping trolley is stocked appropriately to allow you to carry out the required tasks.
- Acting as Guest Liaison providing help and support wherever required and actively participate in delivering the Guest Service Experience strategy, promoting the ethos and spirit of the centre.
- Report any health and safety risks or concerns to your Team Leader / Line Manager immediately and comply with accident and incident reporting procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Understand KPIs associated with the Housekeeping service.
- Provide a polite, effective and consistent service to all guests across the entire range of services provided at the centre, communicating effectively and professionally relevant information to Guests, colleagues etc. at all times.
- Read, understand and adhere to risk assessments. Comply with all relevant legislation, health and safety at work requirements, Fire Regulations, COSHH Regulations and safe working practice relating to your duties, including the use of prescribed protective clothing or equipment.
- Communicate effectively on radio devices in line with site etiquette and protocol.
- Adhere to all company and site policies, procedures and guidance.
- Comply with the Centre Emergency/Evacuation Procedures, supporting as required.
- Attend meetings, team briefings, safe starts and toolbox talk sessions as required.
- Carry out training as required by the business relevant to your role, including first aid training to become a site first aider.
- Maintain a friendly, helpful, courteous and professional manner with all guests, clients, and management at all times
- Carry out periodic scheduled tasks as required including escalator cleans, entrance mat deep cleans etc. as identified by your line manager.
- Ensure that machine inspection sheets are complete and defects reported before the use of any machines
- Report all building/fabric defects or hazards to the Help Desk
- Ensure that wood areas are polished according to schedule and/or as assigned to you
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times
- Receive training on carrying out cleaning duties according to BICS standard.
- Receive training on carrying out cleaning duties according to Health and Safety regulations
- Assist in ensuring that Health & Safety is not compromised at any time by reporting accidents, near misses, unsafe working environment(s) or unsafe behaviour
- Be prepared to work hours as required to meet the requirements of the business.
- Carry out any other duties commensurate with the post as requested by your line manager.
Daily duties include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that the malls, back of house areas and public areas such as car parks, staircases etc. are kept clean and free of waste/litter/cigarette ends at all times
- Clean The Hub, office / meeting room tables, chairs, carpets and any other furniture as required
- Sweep and mop floors / entrances and malls as required or prior to using appropriate machinery to clean / buff the floors
- Stainless Steel to be kept clean and shiny at all times.
- Clean the rails and plinths in the malls
- Attending to reactive jobs such as spillages
- Emptying bins - refuse collection, disposal and cleaning as required
- Vacuum all carpeted areas of Touchwood using the assigned equipment
- Cleaning of lifts across the centre in line with cleaning specification
- Ensure black marble across the centre is kept clean and streak-free
- Maintain cleanliness of the toilet / family changing areas all times to include cleaning of toilets, sinks, mirrors, partitions, floors etc.
- Clean balustrades and pillars across the centre ensuring all glass is clean and free from streaks, finger marks etc.
- Keep signage across the centre clean (internal and external).
- Replenish soap, toilet rolls, hand paper towels etc. as and when required in all toilet areas throughout the day.
- Ensure ‘chill out’ and kitchens including white goods and equipment, floors etc. in the hub are kept clean at all times
- Clean floors, ledges, edges, walls, rails and plinths and doors as needed throughout the day
- Attend to any reactive jobs within and/or outside of your work area as assigned to you, within appropriate timescales.
Follow our service principles at all times:
- We always treat everyone with dignity and respect in a professional, courteous manner.
- We always listen intently to our customers and we always clarify what they need or want from us.
- We always strive to anticipate our clients’ needs and to act quickly to meet them – we always try to seek out straightforward, intelligent solutions and effective ways to implement them.
- We always do what we say we will do – whatever the job, we always see it through.
- We always aim to go the extra mile – to give our clients more than they were expecting.
- We always communicate honestly and openly with our customers and we make sure that we regularly check that we are delivering what they want – we never hide bad news.
Work at all times to our company values:
- Service: Providing exceptional service to our customers is our number one priority. We believe it is the foundation of business success and we are passionately committed to understanding what our customers want and to providing them with outstanding solutions and service.
- Integrity: We think it's important to treat everyone courteously, professionally and with respect - and to bring a straightforward, open and honest approach to everything we do.
- Performance: We want to be the best at what we do. We want to perform at the highest level for our customers and to deliver exceptional value to our stakeholders.
- People: Good people are the bedrock of our business. We are committed to attracting and developing the best people we can and dedicated to providing them with stimulating and rewarding jobs and careers.
- Innovation: We actively look for better ways of doing things in order to improve the value we deliver to our customers and the performance of our business.
PLEASE NOTE: From time to time your manager may ask you to do other reasonable tasks not stated within this role profile but commensurate with your position. The Company also reserves the right to review and update this profile to reflect the changing needs of the job. However, any significant changes will be discussed in consultation with you.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable awareness of Health & Safety
- Demonstrable evidence of being a good communicator at all levels
- Relevant job experience
- IT literate
- Good command of the English language
- Current first aid certificate or willing to attend the course
- BICs trained
- Previous use of a smart device in a work environment
- Previous MEWP use/training
- Relationship management skills that enable you to work with people at all levels and across diverse nationalities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to champion, support and deliver business initiatives
- Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and offer new ideas
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to work required
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
- Application to detail and presentation
How to apply:
All applicants must apply online to be considered for a vacancy. Please visit our website to view a full list of vacancies and apply: